Wednesday, March 07, 2007

eWeek article on OSGi

I recommend reading the eWeek article mentioned by BJ. Apart from giving a useful survey of the history of OSGi, it lists a number of projects that are exploiting OSGi, including one I personally hadn't heard of before.

The article takes the popular, if rather simplistic, position on JSR 277's relationship to OSGi, which makes me a little uncomfortable since I'm trying to get the two to interoperate.

Part of the success of OSGi is due to the fact that it isn't bolted into a particular Java platform but provides compatible behaviour across a broad range of ME and SE platforms. I should expand on this point some time.

No comments:

Projects

OSGi (130) Virgo (59) Eclipse (10) Equinox (9) dm Server (8) Felix (4) WebSphere (3) Aries (2) GlassFish (2) JBoss (1) Newton (1) WebLogic (1)

Blog Archive